Bookventure - Book Venture, a very poor excuse for a business!

I feel compelled to write about my nightmare with Book Venture. In late November I happened to receive a call from D____ F_____ telling me my book was brought to their attention and want me to be successful on my marketing plans.

At first I went back and forth with him, but eventually came up with an agreement. The initial payment went through on my credit card. All of a sudden, I noticed payments of $7,000.00 made against my card. Initially Mr.

F_____ said that was the agreement. I told him I received the "contract" faxed over to me, but I have yet to sign and return. I was told it didn't matter because everything was recorded and I agreed to this. In thinking back I may have agreed, but not for this amount.

As far as I'm concerned this agreement is over. Little did I know this opened up a bunch of problems. For the next five months, Book Venture billed my credit account $7,000.00 each month. Several calls were made to which I only could leave a message.

Out of that five month period I actually made contact. In short I was told the reason for the withdrawal was they are working on to get me an interview on the FOX morning shows. Needless to say I never heard from anybody. The second time I was able to hook up with him I was given the song and dance routine they are in the process of selecting a director and cast in order to begin filming a movie.

Each time he cut the conversation short saying he'll call back. He never did! Again, I made several attempts to contact somebody at Book Publishing, but I would only get a recording. The creditor for the charge card refuses to accept this as fraud because I get out the account number.

Somewhere out there somebody is having a grand time with $35,000.00 of my money and my creditor tell me something to the effect," too bad!" Mr.

Michael Spelling, I hope you will notice this and use your windfall of $35,000.00 and teach you and your employees some common courtesy and manners so you don't receive messages from pissed off "customers" such as myself since you and your credibility doesn't fall further in the dumper. Cliff Koch

Review about: Bookventure Publishing Service.

BookVenture Publishing is a BIG SCAM https://www.bookventure.com/

My name is Gloria and I am a self-published author paying for services in BookVenture. I cannot bear the thought of knowing a lot of other hopeful writers like me are being ripped off by a company who lacks the decency to be truthful and fair to their authors.

Out of anguish from what I have learned about them and what I’ve personally experienced, I hired the services of a private investigator and learned of the following: • The office they say they have in Michigan is a joke. There’s no one there to entertain you should you decide to drop over. They’re nowhere operating in any of the states. They are in the Philippines; • They’ll initially tell you of an upfront cost and that it’s all you’ll have to pay.

Not very long you start receiving irksome calls asking you for money with no proof they’re fulfilling anything. Worse you realize you’re not really getting any royalty from your hard-earned money and they keep giving you the worst excuses, prolonging the agony and wasting your time and opportunity; • Most of their authors are either too old or too young and they exploit these weaknesses; • You go to the Better Business Bureau and you see mostly bad reviews and comments against them. I managed to put in my own review and I’m just so aghast they’re getting away from all of this. Those are probably not all there is to this outrageous scheme.

Here are some helpful links I managed to check out myself: https://www.bbb.org/detroit/business-reviews/publishers-book/book-venture-publishing-llc-in-ishpeming-mi-90025868/reviews-and-complaints http://www.selfpublishingreview.com/2016/01/bookventure-rips-off-spr-products-without-permission-charging-1700-more-to-their-authors/ https://bookventure.pissedconsumer.com/victim-of-book-venture-publishing-llc-201710201117891.html I urge you to take action. Our books should fly along with our dreams the very day we started working on them. A spiteful company like BookVenture doesn’t deserve our trust nor should they be allowed to continue abusing numerous other vulnerable authors.

Sincerely yours, Gloria M. Fellow Author

Review about: Publishing And Marketing Services.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

BookVenture_Pub_LLC

BookVenture has always taken great pains to be honest with authors and give them the best help possible. Which is why the company has seen fit to address a bad review posted by an unknown person posing as Ms.

Gloria Marshall, an author who has published with BookVenture. The malicious review was posted January 25, 2018 and stated that BookVenture practices dishonest business tactics such as withholding of royalties and offering unsatisfactory services. To this the company would like to make the following statement.

Firstly the post was not made by Ms.

Marshall because she has had a good author-publisher relationship with the company. There is also the fact that she even had an appointment set, dated January 26, 2018 a day after the bad review was posted. She even released positive testimonials on the same day. It is also important to state that the author has always been made aware of all transactions with the company and has been mindful of the cost of each service bought.

She has also fastidiously kept track of the payments she made throughout the publishing process.

BookVenture has successfully published two of Ms. Marshall’s books and are they widely distributed online and offline. The company has kept an accurate and active database of all the contact information of its authors. And the email gloria.m19752018@gmail.com used by the poser is not one of Ms.

Gloria Marshall’s. Furthermore this is also the same email that has been contacting our current authors and spreading negative press about the company. The email was also used in spreading bad reviews and desperately blasting emails to publishing related bloggers to post false information about the company.

To make matters worse what is written in this review are the same words that they have been circulating among our current authors while bearing Ms. Gloria Marshall’s name.

Ms. Marshall herself is distraught at the idea of having her name dragged into this issue. The author has confirmed that she has never hired nor sent a private investigator to our firm. And she has stated that she never will because she is purely satisfied with our services.

To back up this claim we have a testimonial from Ms. Gloria Marshall in our testimonials page: https://www.bookventure.com/testimonials.

All in all the post is nothing more than a malicious attempt to destroy the company’s credibility.

But as distressing as this may be, The BookVenture Company still holds firm to its main objective. Which is to offer great and ingenious services to our authors and give them the best chance to reach their full potential.

Bookventure - Victim of Book Venture Publishing LLC

1000 Country Ln, Ishpeming, MI 49849, USA 3 comments

BookVenture was created 2014, only 3 years ago and have already 16 complaints, more than 5 p/y. BBB says very clear that BV failed to answer all of them, even though they reached a settlement with the victim, but they never got their refund.

I already contacted my legal department also and last week I filed a complaint against BV not only for the refund, but for illegal scam practices, in case I don,t receive my money back, we are ready to sue and I'm also contacting the attorney general of Michigan to file a complaint, BV shouldn't be allow to do business, cheating innocent people who have a dream to become writers and charging them thosands for things that is free and it only takes 2 clicks to do it. Me and you should check before going to BV.

Go to BBB and read what all the victims say about BV that got charged thousands and never got a penny out of it and BV even failed to pay their royalties. And a writer who invested more than $20,000 only got a $ 100 and no even that BV gave it to him

Review about: Publishing Program And Marketing Cost More Than 20000.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Comments

BookVenture_Pub_LLC

The BookVenture publishing company knows full well how difficult it is to publish a book. And the many rigors and challenges authors face to have their books published.

This is why BookVenture came to be in the first place. To give self-publishing authors the best chance to succeed and achieve their publishing dreams. Which is why the company has seen fit to release a statement regarding any accusations on the company’s transparency when it comes to royalties.

BookVenture has always put great store in honesty when it comes to dealing with authors. Which is why the company has a highly efficient author support system to help authors in need of advice and to give them as much assistance as possible.

And should there be any complaints on the part of the author, BookVenture is always ready to help. But in order for the company to help, all complainants must first give their contact information in order for their complaints to be addressed. Because how can the company address your issue if you do not identify yourself?

BookVenture would also like to point out that any author affiliated with BookVenture can always check their royalties through an online account in the BookVenture Website. This will enable them to check their royalties every now and then.

And seeing as that the royalty information are updated at a weekly basis, what is seen there is as accurate as they can be.

BookVenture has always followed a standard procedure concerning royalty payments which are deliberately stated in our agreement and in our FAQ-Bookselling & Royalties: https://www.bookventure.com/faq. That said should any author have any complaints or questions, the company is always ready to clarify and give the best advice possible.

I used book ventures publisher in 2015 is when my 1st book got published. Over 2 half years since my book got published.

And i never received any royalties from my book yet. I paid over 1600.

To publish my book. This company is a scam and never gives us authors any royalties for our books.

irenejanebooks@gmail.com

to Irene Holmes #1429917

The BookVenture self-publishing company has always been transparent and honest with all of our client authors. And through the years we have tried our very best to give our client authors the best services possible.

Which is why the company has seen fit to release a statement rebutting a negative review from Ms. Irene Holmes, a client author. Ms. Holmes claimed in her negative review that the company has not paid her any royalties for her first book, despite her paying around $1,600.

The book was published by BookVenture in 2015, almost 3 years ago. She also made unfounded accusations against the company regarding its business practices and transparency.

To this the company would like to state the following facts. Before any author becomes a client of BookVenture they are given proper setting of expectations in regards to their royalty payments. The author is given due knowledge that the company cannot guarantee that their books will sell.

The company can only provide services that will help them get their books published and help their chances of selling their books. So should the book sell or not, depends predominantly on the book’s merits.

As for the issue with Ms. Holmes, the main reason why she had not received any royalty payment until this very moment is because her royalty accumulation did not reach the amount set for the firm to send it to her.

Furthermore, she was sent a guide on how to check her royalties using her online author account at BookVenture website. Thus she could have checked out her royalties at any time. This makes her accusations of dishonesty in regards to royalties lacking in any factual basis.

BookVenture has already taken action on this issue and communicated to Ms. Holmes regarding her royalties.

The company would like to state that it has religiously provided all the services that Irene Holmes has paid for and that includes publishing her title last Sept. 9, 2015 under BookVenture and also a Radio Interview with Ric Bratton - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEaKnvHtwww.

All in all, BookVenture no longer holds any outstanding liabilities to the author as per the contract and services being paid.

The company has always been adamant in keeping our authors updated and having a reputation for transparency and trustworthiness. By clarifying this issue, we hope to alleviate any doubts and continue to serve our authors to the best of our abilities.

Bookventure - Book Venture NOT paying Royalty!

I published with bookvenure in 2015, and have been trying to contact them about my book, Espresso, prose and poetry by myself Henry Chapman, I see the book for sale on various website s yet when last I spoke with them they said nothing was sold. I cannot even get an email from them to check the royalty page for sales Henry Chapman.

I paid $25000 without any returns cant believe I paid that amount and no marketing worked. There are no updates from the publisher no words or anything. Book Venture Publishing, LLC, located at 1000 Country Ln, Ste 300, Ishpeming, MI **SSN** has been playing unnecessary games with me, and this has been going on for 1 year, come Sept.

14. The production team, made up of Laura Tan, "the team" and a designer, are refusing to make the corrections and revisions that I have asked for, and this is not right, especially if you are a self-publishing author, as I am.

Review about: Publishing Program And Marketing Cost 25000 Dollar.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

BookVenture_Pub_LLC

The BookVenture self-publishing company has always taken pride in helping authors achieve their full potential. And the company has always gone to great lengths to giving authors their money’s worth.

Which is why BookVenture has seen fit to create a rebuttal for Mr. Henry Chapman’s complaint post. The post stated that BookVenture failed to pay him the royalties for his book Espresso/Prose and Poetry. It was also stated in the post that he continually saw his book for sale on various websites.

And yet he was never paid nor notified of any payments for his book. Mr. Chapman also claimed to have voiced complaints to the company and his production team and claims to have not received any response.

In response to these accusations BookVenture would like to state the following facts.

The company published Mr. Chapman’s book last April 29, 2016. And aside from signing a publishing agreement, he also signed a proof copy approval form authorizing BookVenture to print the title with its corresponding pre-publishing corrections. This means that Mr.

Chapman was already satisfied with the corrections done to his book and gave his approval to having his book published.

As for Mr. Chapman’s complaint that he did not receive any royalties for his book, we would like to state that the company has fulfilled its part and marketed his book according to the publishing package he bought. We would also like to point out that Mr.

Chapman could have checked his royalties online using his author account. Thus if he did not receive any royalties or no amount was posted through his author account, then it would mean that no books were sold.

Mr. Chapman also stated in his post that he reached out to the company concerning a post publication correction.

In response to this we would like to point out that we have not received any messages, be it through phone, cellphone or email concerning corrections from Mr. Chapman. And upon reading his post we tried to contact him via phone and email in order to address these complaints. And all of our calls were met with stony silence or were transferred directly to voicemail.

Mr. Chapman also stated in his post that he paid $25,000 for his publishing package, but according to our finance department Mr. Chapman only paid $900 for a discounted Ensign publishing package.

And that he did not purchase any additional marketing packages afterwards. All in all the content found in his post did not have any backing of fact and can be considered quite erroneous.